Fried Banana Fritters recipe / Ripe banana fritters / Banana Fritter
If you have some super-ripe black-dotted banana’s sitting on your counter and thinking of ….. throwing it away ?… wait WAIT.. here is an unbelievably tasty banana recipe for you – FRIED BANANA FRITTERs.. mmm FRIED .. look at the sample batch below .. Like to try one ? 😀 .. Let’s make a fresh batch :)..
Ingredients: ( for Fried Banana Fritters Serves 4 – 5 )
1 Cup – All purpose flour / plain flour / maida
1/4 Cup – Rice flour ( or 1 Tbsp of corn starch / corn flour )
1 egg – ( If you are vegan, you can skip the egg and add 1/4 tsp baking powder )
2 ripe banana’s ( super-ripe is the best )
1/2 Cup – Coconut shreds
1/4 Cup – Cashews ( chopped ) / ( you will need roasted cashews – not raw )
2 Tbsp – Sugar
a pinch of – Cardamom powder ( or cinnamon powder )
1/4 tsp – Salt
Water – as needed to make the banana fritter batter
Step 1) Make the banana fritter batter :
- Into a bowl, add the all purspose flour and rice flour ( or cornstarch )
- Add the salt, sugar and mix with a spoon
- Make a well in the centre and add 1 egg and mix well .. ( if you do not eat egg, substitiute with 1/4 tsp baking powder )
- Pour some water and mix to make a very-thick batter. ( note : add little water at a time and make a thick batter )
- Mash 2 banana’s with a fork and add into the batter bowl and mix ..
- Add the coconut shreds and mix for 10 seconds..
- Add the cashew pieces and mix..
- Add a pinch of cardamom powder ( or cinnamon powder ) and mix well..
note: the batter should be very thick ( If you think it is light, add some flour to make it thick )
Step 2) Heat enough oil for deep frying
Step 3) Once the oil is hot ( test with a small drop of batter – if it sizzles and rises up – the oil is ready ), reduce the heat to medium. Pour 2 Tbsp of batter in hot oil ( fry 4 – 5 at a time ).
Step 4) Once the bottom-side is golden brown, flip and fry the other side until golden..
Step 5) When both the sides are beautifully browned, take out to a kitchen tissue..
Step 6) Repeat with rest of the batter .. your banana fritters are ready !
and now it’s time to taste-test :).. I bet you wouldn’t stop with 1 😀 .. bon appetit