Dosa Recipe ( How to make crispy dosa batter ) Perfect dosa recipe
‘ Perfect dosa batter for a crispy tasty dosa ‘ ..
Ingredients: ( to make dosa batter )
4 cups – rice ( preferably dosa rice / idli rice … or any raw rice )
1 tsp – fenugreek seeds ( methi seeds )
( Use the same bowl/cup to measure )
Step 1) Get ready with all the ingredients..
( Example: Add 3 – 4 Cups of water to soak 1 Cup of urad dal )
Now let’s grind the batter
note: Pour the soaked urad dal water into a bowl and you can use that for grinding the batter ..
About Fermenting time:
2) It can take from 15 – 20 hours to ferment or rise in cold / wintery weather..
HOW TO MAKE DOSA ( using this dosa batter )
Step 1) Take some dosa batter in a bowl. Add salt to taste and stir..
- During winter or cold days, soak the dal & rice overnight and grind in the morning ( before 10 am ). If your house stays warm during winter/cold days with the heaters ON, then you can simply leave them in the kitchen countertop ( bench top) to ferment until next morning.
- During freezing or stormy winter days, place the ground batter in the preheated oven to ferment overnight. ( To do this, Heat your oven on 200C / 400 F for just 1 minute and turn it OFF. Place the batter inside the oven and leave it to ferment until next morning with the oven lights ON ).
- ( note: some old-fashioned ovens may not have the option to keep the lights ON, in such situations you may have to remove the batter and preheat the oven every 4 – 5 hours and place the batter back inside )
- Alternatively, you can also place the ground batter near a hot cooking stove ( the heat can help if ferment easily ) but make sure the batter bowl is not too close to the hot stove as it can cook the batter !! ( haha, we don’t want cooked batter 😀
If you have more questions, feel free to ask below ..