Cauliflower Egg Bhurji Recipe / Cauliflower Egg Stirfry Recipe
This ‘Cauliflower Egg Bhurji / Stirfry ‘ is a perfect sidedish for chappati/flatbread or rice.
You wouldn’t believe how addictively-tasty this stirfry turns out ! ..This recipe is part of c4cooking’s new series – ‘ One meal for all (toddler/ kids/ family) ‘.. that said, no more worries :)… Make an easy meal combo with chappati / flatbread. To serve your toddler, make tiny bits of chappati/flatbread rolled with little stirfy and serve.. hope your little-one like this combo :)..
watch the video : ‘Cauliflower egg bhurji/stirfry & Chappati/flatbread’ recipe
Ingredients: ( For Cauliflower Egg Bhurji Serves 5 )
4 Cups or 1 small cauliflower – ( grated )
1 – big Onion (chopped)
1 – greenchilli (chopped)
2 sprigs – curry leaves
1″ cinnamon stick
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp pepper powder
2 tbsp – Oil
salt to taste
For the coconut marinade:
1 Cup coconut (shredded or pieces)
2 small garlic ( or 1 big garlic )
3/4 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp chilli powder
Step 1) Chop the onion, green chilli and grate the cauliflower
Step 2) Make the coconut marinade : ( with ‘For the coconut marinade ingredients’ )
- Into the blender, add the coconut, garlic, cumin seeds, turmeric powder,
chilli powder, cardamom and pulse 6 – 8 times and keep aside
Step 4) Add the chopped onion, cloves, cinnamon stick, curry leaves and mix for a minute. Cover and cook until the onion turns light brown ( not brown )..
Step 5) Add the greenchilli and mix.
Step 6) Add the turmeric powder and mix for 30 seconds..
Step 7) Add the grated cauliflower and mix for a minute.
Step 8) Add salt to taste. Cover and cook on medium for 5 minutes…
Step 9) Crack the eggs into the mixture, drizzle little salt over the eggs and stir together. Cover and cook for 3 minutes on medium heat.
Step 10) Add the coconut marinade and mix for a minute. Add salt to taste, cover and cook for 5 minutes on medium-heat.
Step 11) Mix again and turn off the heat.. Cauliflower Egg Bhurji / stifry is ready :)..
- Into a bowl, add 2 Cups of atta/wheat flour/( you can also use wholemeal flour ), 1/4 tsp salt, a tsp of oil, pour little water at a time and make a medium-thick dough. Coat with a tsp of oil, cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Make 8 balls out of the dough and dust and roll into flatbreads.
- Heat a tawa/griddle/pancake pan and place the rolled flatbread and cook until brown spots develops on bottom side.
- Now, flip, drizzle 1/4 tsp of oil on top and smoothen to coat well..cook other side until light brown spots develops.
- Flip, and pour 1/4 tsp oil and smoothen to coat..take out and place in a bowl or in a warm place..
- Repeat with rest of the flatbreads.. and Serve with this cauliflower egg bhurji / stirfry..