9+ months baby food recipes / stage 3 – homemade baby food recipes
Welcome to 9+ months baby food recipes :)..
If you have been following my baby food recipes, you must be aware of the tips for 8+ months baby food recipes. The same applies for 9+ months as they are still in stage 3 ( which is 8 – 11 months )..
Please read the tips at this link -> http://www.c4cooking.com/8-months-baby-food-recipes/
- Around 9+ months, your baby may eat around 1/2 cup of food and often will be ready for 3 meals
- The texture of stage-3 food can vary from thick purees, mashes and ( minced/grated for teething babies)
- Offer solids atleast 25 – 30 minutes after breast feeding or formula so that they will eat without any fuss and wouldn’t make their tummy full. I always give solids 40 – 45 minutes after breastfeeding as I noticed my sweetie-pie eats well and loves eating food:)
- Remember to offer some water before and after meals.
- Occassionaly, offer your family meals also ( be watchful for any allergic ingredients. If you use spices, offer foods cooked with mild-spices )
- Important note : Always watch for any new signs or symptoms when introducing new foods at all stages.
Breakfast cereal with 3 fruit flavours ( for 9 – 12 months baby )
Watch 5 Lunch recipes for 9+ months baby (stage 3 homemade baby food recipes)
Recipe #1 – Rice, Carrot , Kale
Recipe #2 – Rice, Broccoli, Parsnip
Recipe #3 – Rice, Cauliflower, Brown lentil
Recipe #4 – Rice, Broccoli, Black eyed pea
Recipe #5 – Rice, Parsnip, French green lentil
Introducing Fish for 9+ months baby:
Rice and Fish curry recipe for 9+ months baby.
1 cup coconut (shreds or pieces)
100 gms – white fish fillet
3 shallots or (1 Tbsp chopped onion)
turmeric powder – 1/3 tsp
curry leaf – 1 sprig
1 pinch – fenugreek seeds / methi seeds
tamarind paste – 1 Tbsp ( or 1/4 cup of diluted tamarind)
salt to taste
1/4 cup rice
3/4 cup water
Why fish? .. Fish is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and has many essential nutrients for brain and eye development, boost immunity and in short, good for the entire body.
Important notes about introducing fish for babies:
- Choose the fish that is low in mercury like cod, flounder, sole, wild alaska and pacific salmon, haddock, gurnard, snapper, anchovies, sardines, herring, tilapia, scallops, clams, striped bass
- Avoid fish high in mercury like sword fish, king markel, shark, atlantic halibut, oysters ( gulf coast), pike, seabass, tuna ( albacore ), tile fish
- Remember to check the ‘local safe-fish eating checklist’ by the environmental group or government boards.
- If your family has a history of fish allergies, please consult your baby’s pediatrician before starting fish (shell fish like shrimp, prawn, scallops, crab, clams) for your baby
- Be sure to check the fish fillets are free of bones, as some fish contain soft, tiny bones .. ( shred the cooked fish with your fingers to make sure it is totally bone-free..)
3 Fish/Chicken/Meat Meals for 9 – 12 months baby
10 Mashed Meals for 9 – 12 months baby
5 Soup recipes for 9 – 12 months baby
For 2+ teeth baby :
10 Fruit Finger bowls for 2+ teeth baby/ toddler / 1- 2 years
Food Chart for 9+ months baby